Storylab: Week 12

Advice to Writers 

I chose to read and write about the advice to writing that many people have given. I personally found them very helpful as a new writer as I am learning everyday to write. It had been a while since I had to free write. Since I have been in college I have not free written. Last time I had to write was back in high school and even then we were asked to follow guide lines which made it some what easier to write. When there are really no guide lines the writer gets to be as creative as possible. I liked the advice from Mantel she s aid if you get stuck take a walk or nap or make a pie. You can pretty much do anything just do not keep looking at the the page. Do anything besides talking to people. I also like the advice of finding your optimum hour to write. That is when you best write so it will be the easiest to write at that time. I really like what David McCullough said. The hardest thing to make writing look effortless. Most things I have read seem so effortless even though I know it takes a long time and hard work to do. If you make it look easy then it is going to be enjoyed by the readers. Last but not the least, another advice that I liked that can be used for really anything is ‘Our Power is Patience’. As a writer you have to be patient. It is not a one night thing to just write in a couple of hours. With patience you can active anything. Over all the advice that I mentioned and others that I read are really helpful to write for this class or even in my career that I proceed to do.

Writing. Source



Advice to Writers. Source. Collected by Jon Winokur

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: A little about me

Week 9, Kunti's wishes